Stunningly situated in rugged mountain terrain above the fog line at the southern end of the Mt. Veeder appellation, this first-growth Pulido~Walker Mt. Veeder Estate Vineyard commands views of the Napa Valley from within the Mayacamas range. Nearly a decade after acquiring these extraordinary 115 acres and collecting data on its microclimates and soils, the best 15 acres were meticulously planted to 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Chardonnay.
- Appellation: Mt. Veeder, Napa Valley
- Acreage: 15 acres at the southern end of Mt. Veeder
- Elevation: 650–960 ft.
- Soil Composition: Weathered sandstone, fractured shale, and clay loam soils
- Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon (75%) and Chardonnay (25%)
- Cabernet Sauvignon Clones: 15, 30, 169, and 685
- Chardonnay Clones: Old Vine Wente, Montrachet, and Robert Young
- Planted: 2015