Between boulders clinging stubbornly to the steep slopes of Pritchard Hill, the Estate Grown Melanson Vineyard sits east of Oakville among some of the most highly regarded and closely held vineyard properties in the Napa Valley. Vines grow at elevations from 1,100 to 1,350 feet above sea level, in fractured serpentine and clay soils laden with igneous and seabed rock.
- Appellation: St. Helena, Napa Valley
- Acreage: 10.5 acres on Pritchard Hill, adjacent to Colgin Estate
- Elevation: 1,100–1,350 ft.
- Soil Composition: Fractured serpentine and clay with igneous and seabed rock
- Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Clones: 7 and 337
- Planted: 1999