The 115-acre Pulido~Walker Estate commands views of much of the Napa Valley from a hilltop at the southern edge of the Mt. Veeder Appellation. After years of patient observation and collection of precise data on Estate micro-climates and soil composition, Mark and Donna collaborated with winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown to carefully choose the best sixteen acres to plant the Estate’s first growth Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
The property also boasts extensive kitchen and ornamental gardens as well as a producing olive grove. Pulido~Walker Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a Mediterranean blend of predominantly Italian varietals combined with select French and Spanish fruit, hand harvested and bottled by the family.
- Appellation: Mt. Veeder, Napa Valley
- Site: 16 acres on the Southern end of Mt. Veeder
- Elevation: 650–960 ft.
- Planted: 2015
- Varietals: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Chardonnay
- Cabernet Sauvignon Clones: 169, 685, 15, and FPS 30 (“See”)
- Chardonnay Clones: “Old Vine Wente” and “Montrachet”
- Vineyard Management: Josh Clark with viticulturist Kelly Maher